Rash ラシュ

Pokémane Sword & Shield, Who's Getting It?

I personally lost most of my hardcore zeal for the Pokémon after Gen 3. For me Gen 3 was perfect and I still play Emerald from time to time.

In my opinion, the series really started to lose a lot of its nuance and novelty with every attempt to introduce new gimmicky mechanics, but eh. Sword & Shield looks like it could be pretty fun mess around in. I'm already planning to buy a copy for my wife, but I'd be willing to snag the ol' Nintendo Switcheroo off her hands and start my own save file if some of you guys will be playing.

Was anyone here already going to get the game for themselves and if yes which version?

• Like 1

I have both games lol me an my family play to be honest I was worried about the hole Dmax modes but besides that I really enjoy it,the graphics an the Pokémon even the new ones So let me know Rash I can send ya my friend code DM

• Like 1

oof, this one didn't age well for me, tbh.

I got Sword of my wife as a birthday gift and she's a normie so she's loving it so far. But for me, I'm just... *sigh* I'm super disheartened with the game. I knew what issues I would have going in and I was opening to trying it out even with Dmax and everything, but cutting out the National Dex was a Gigantamax red flag to me and low and behold 8 of my top 10 Pokémon were cut out from the game. I have no clue how Gamefreak thought removing so much of the roster would be a good idea especially considering every Pokémon is someone's favorite Pokémon and people want to play and train their favorites. I feel like, I just wasn't meant to play this version xD

I might check it out eventually, but for now I have no drive to Play it.

• Like 1

In their defense, they are putting a lot of attention into what few pokemons they do have, and I think our problem is we're boomers that just loved the old shit. I understand why a company would want to slowly get off the diet of having to put the holy trinity into every game, Charzard, luigi-o, and mewtwo 

Edit: they also got a lot of flack for not adding anything new in the last gen. 

Edited by Mumen Writer