Lurker

Death Among Us

Lurker listened calmly to Vatto and then to Kotaro without changing expression nor moving. As soon as they stopped talking, he tilted his head like only an owl could and he responded "I see. I am no mere puppet, but I understand what you meant." With a quick flap of his obsidian wings, Lurker left Kotaro's shoulder and added "If you would excuse me, you two are standing right on top of myself." The earth began to shake around the trio and as cracks formed, a black substance poured out of them.

These were all the mines Lurker inserted under the ground in his previous battle. The gooey substance then began floating toward the flying bird at high speed. On contact the owl adsorbed it one by one. When he was done, he morphed into a slim arrancar with long dark hair. "I really hope this form doesn't upset you, since I am not one of your kind yet. Anyway, I don't think such trivial matter could upset a gentleman like yourself." With a subtle grin he continued "I agree to your terms. Your offer is an opportunity no one in their right mind would refuse. Ready when you are."

• Like 2

The first to speak up was Kotaro and he was right. While few in numbers an Espada was an Espada for a reason. It is not just a title that Arrancars’ can causally throw around no matter ones own disposition. To become an Espada while glorious in its own right was no different than painting a target on your own back. While Hollows respected, feared, and obeyed you, every other race sought your death and even view you as a notch on their belt, a worth trophy if you will.

“Kotaro Anubis you may count your blessings as your hopes have come true,” exclaimed Vatto with a smile. “I know for sure there will be no fighting for your death is guaranteed. However if you are accepted and you live into your potential, then you may fight anyone you like.” It was a cold hard fact that the Vasto Lorde would be annihilated with minimal effort in his current form but if he were to grow stronger then anything is possible; even Espada fight amongst themselves from time to time.

Vatto then looked to Lurker for his answer and he quickly obliged. He stated that he understood the Espada’s words and asked for a moment to collect himself, which surprising he meant quite literal.

The ground shook just as Vatto sensed something beneath. As the earth split he jumped back roughly five feet, watching the gooey substance cling to its master. It was very odd and peculiar, beyond unique to say the least, but there was no killing intent coming from him, a good sign. In fact he not only agreed but also revealed more of himself, certainly a sign of good faith.

With an understanding met they were ready to set forth though the Espada had one more word of advice. “I could careless what form a shifter of faces take but never claim something your not. You will only find unwanted trouble.” He then turned his back to them facing the direction of Las Noches. "Well then shall we?" Vatto then led them towards the next chapter in their lives; his pace was fast enough to lead but slow enough to follow. 

• Like 2

He looked to Vatto and replied, "please, sir. Kotaro or Kota is fine. And, yeah....even a normal Arrancar could kill me with ease..." After that Kota watched as Lurker flew up and then felt the ground shake. It broke apart and he jumped back out of the way. He said as Lurker took his form, "You seriously never cease to amaze, Lurk! And, yeah. Only an idiot would decline this kind of offer."

Then it seemed time to move on, on to Los Noches. With Vatto speeding away, Kotaro was quick to catch up. He took his position on the left, just a few feet behind Vatto. Then, he remembered how Draiden used a skill to when looked like disappear and reappear so fast. What was that? I gotta see if I can learn it! But for now, Kotaro just ran along side the other two towards the Espada's fortress.

Edited by Kotaro Anubis
  • Like 2

With a quick nod in the direction of the espada, the adjuchas responded "duly noted," and followed their guide to the fort. So, no Sonido then. I suppose Vatto doesn't need to proves his strength like Draiden did to us. What a reasonable fellow. When Kotaro joined them, he deviated to the right leaving his place to him.

At last Lurker will be able to meet the king of this barren world. Of course every espada had his respect, but he doesn't know anything about their philosophy, so following them blindly wasn't his style. This would prove to be an excellent chance to find some kind of meaning to his life. What kind of trouble awaits them?

• Like 2

It had been quite sometime since Vatto had returned to Las Noches. When he left, the fortress was almost completely reconstructed so it would be surprising if it weren’t finished. The important question was if Absolon was their but surely he was, for where else would he go? He had struggle so hard to revive the Espada but the fools of old wanted nothing to due with it as they rather fight amongst themselves. With any luck they would find him there still clinging on to a possible future.

While off in his own head, Vatto became distracted with his last thought. "Future? Huh I wonder where Monk is?” He was the only Arrancar that Vatto brought back to Las Noches, as well as the only one to best him besides the Cero Espada. For Vatto, Monk was an anomaly. He was the only Hollow that he had felt some sort of friendship but that wasn’t the right word. Vatto had recognized him as a worth rival and out of that sparked a bond. But where was he??

Vatto stopped abruptly stopped. Although he could see it for a while now it should be visible to the others now. “The Palace of the Eternal Night,” he mutters turning to face them. “This is your last chance to turn back and run. While I will vouch for you I will kill you myself if you embarrass me. I’ve never been one to take things slow so it will be a quick death. But if some part of you longs for more than what you are now, no matter what it may be,-“ he then points behind him. “- that is your best chance.”

Forsyth waited for them to respond; he knew their answer but they needed to say it. They had traveled fast and far and were now on the last leg of the journey. Sure the lesser Hollows might have been tired but if this was too much for them then they were heading in the wrong direction.

• Like 2

As the mega sized palace came closer, Kotaro gasped at the insane size. He hadn't seen it until now. His mind was having trouble coming to terms with the structure and its magnitude. "Los Noches is incredible! I can't believe the size!" The small hollow uttered in amazement.

Then, out of nowhere Vatto stopped dead. Seeing this, Kotaro had to jump and skip several times to stop given his speed. He turned around and ran back to their guide. He listened, nodding as he understood the risk. "I understand Lord Vatto. No way I'm turning back. I have much to learn, and this is the best place for that."

Edited by Kotaro Anubis
  • Like 1

In his prompt departure, Lurker realized he forgot about the forged reitsu he is letting out. He quickly remediated to the situation by replacing it with his genuine one. It's been a long time since the last time I exhibited my true signature. I suppose I need to do my part so they can depend on me.

His pressure was nothing like it was before his adjuchas evolution. Previously, it consisted of fragments of every souls he assimilated without exception, making it grotesque and unpolished. Presently, it is completely the opposite. It felt like a mellow, refined and elegant night without stars, with a touch of a cold winter bite. The unions with the souls Lurker dined on was enough to improve dramatically his understanding of the worlds and the lives around him. He literally lived a thousands existences, so this bring wisdom and experience like no one before. Even now he do not define himself as those lost lives. I am Lurker and only me. I have my own ego and all those souls won't determine how I'll endure this life.

When Lurker takes the form of an existing creature, like one of an Arrancar, he is exceptionally meticulous. He recreate every single bones and organs in their frames, making it a near perfect copy, even if those are only for cosmetic reason. The true wonder... they actually work like their counterpart. The heart beats, the stomach digest and his nervous system sends pain signals to the brain. Their journey was hard on his body. To keep up with Vatto he used a mix of shunpo and sonido, but since he wasn't able to do any of those two correctly, he accentuated them with Reiryoku, making the bones and the muscles in his legs to burst with each attempt. From outside, it looked like sometime a reasonable shunpo, sometime a sonido but from inside it was pure agony with each steps. Lurker wouldn't be able to do this without replacing the broken parts with every strides. Being a bacterial slime had its perks. I don't think they get how fast they are going for an adjuchas, but I sure as hell won't tell them. He was nicely accustomed to pain, so this wasn't a problem to hide it from his expressions.

So this is Las Noches huh. He had memories of this massive fortress but they weren't his. Seeing it with my own two eyes is a lot more agreeable than with another's. While he was distracted by his thoughts, Vatto suddenly stopped, forcing Lurker to break his speed by impaling deep underground with two spears coming from under his feets, making it look like he stopped as abruptly as Vatto. He then retracted the javelins like nothing happened. They probably can't see through solid ground, so I don't need to be embarrassed. He waited for Vatto to finish speaking then he replied with a serious expression "that goes without saying. Anything we need to know before we head in? I suppose you do the talking and we only speak when asked." He waited for his response then added "also, it is quite appreciated you vouching for us."

• Like 2

A low hum would buzz in draidens ear as he lay on the edge of the roof atop las noches , his body a mere pebble on the greatnesd that was Las Noches. The privaron would slowly open his eyes waking from his nap finally finishing his deep sleep that those two hollows from before interrupted. The neon haired arrancars vision was blurred as it was blurred a bright neaon green light. Draiden had suspended a singular balla in the air near by that gave off a warm heat the neon haired arrancar would sigh as he rolled upon his back being carful not to fall off las Noches. He now was facing the burning bright balla he would slowly reach up and take hold of the balla.

In one swift motion of his hand crushed it causing the spirit energy to disperse and fade. Draiden would give a little "hmph"  as he sat up three spiritual pressures now present near las noches 1 was very noticeable , while the other two felt odd familiar , the other felt warped and distorted "those two wouldnt be here right now....not this fast" he would mumble to himself as he looked over the edge of las noches just three simple dots , i can sense them clearly like i should but if it wasnt for that theyd be invisible.

Draiden wasnt oozing his presence out but he made an effort to suppress his power as he began to take off in Sonido the first one taking him to the sand , and without waiting a momemt he would sonido once more and reappear just behind the three meaning the other two would be facing their backs to him , while this indian tribal looking arrancar would have a clear view of him. Draiden would immedeatly call attention to himself "so a random arrancar and my two favorite hollows kotaro and it only makes sense that this is lurker"  that same unintrested disrespectful drawl he carried with everyone even the cero espada. His body language suggested extreme boredom and fatigue even though he was neither ; anyone who had engaged him in combat or watched him fight knew his behavior was very deceptive.

Edited by Merlin
  • Like 2

He heard their answers and for better or worse they made their decision. Vatto nodded at Kota, “I find your humility refreshing but disturbing. You’d do well to watch yourself and those around you even closer.” As they say nice guys always finish last. Vatto then turned his attention to Lurker even though he could sense another coming this way. Now there’s a creature that remains a mystery even with Forsyth’s eyes. “Yes, there is…” he says pausing. “No matter what happens don’t flee, for some instincts are never lost.”

The wind rushes through Vatto’s hair signaling the arrival of another though the other two probably didn't notice. It was the very same Privaron that he was spying on earlier. Forsyth tucks the loose strains of hair behind his ear revealing fragments of his former mask. “Draiden, you will do well to hold your tongue or I will rip it out and feed it to this one here,” he says pointing at Lurker. “Now what brings you here? If it’s to hinder us I would reconsider.” Vatto knew of the Privaron’s slothful ways and despised it so. How can one man sleep so much was beyond him. He could never understand what Absolon saw in him but it wasn’t his place to question. Some how he had gained favor with the Cero Espada so the Tres had no choice but to accept it… unless provoked.

What did Draiden want and what was his motives? Vatto wasn't sure but if he had to guess it was to "woo" the two he let escape earlier.

Edited by Yoshirou (Kyōraku)
  • Like 2

Kota watched as Lurker came to a stop and heard his answer and then questions. The questions were smart ones. The Vasto Lorde tilted his head and nodded. It was smart to ask for any other info before going farther. Kotaro's breath was fast and heavy from the running. But, his nerves kept it fast. Yeah, the hollow was nervous, and rightfully so. They were going to Los Noches. Then, at Vatto's comment about his human-like manner, Kotaro shrugged. It was how he'd always been once his intelligence woke up. But, he would be more careful.

The Vasto Lorde listened to Vatto intensely, absorbing his words. Then, Kota felt a new source of energy coming, one that he kne- then Draiden appeared. Again, he appears out of nowhere! How does he do that? Well, that was for later. He hadn't had the enough time in order to fully recognize the reiatsu before Draiden had appeared right there. The hollow gave an small but interested nod at mention of his name. He listened to Vatto go at the other Arrancar and wondered the same thing, why had he come? But, for the time being, Kota stayed silent and just observed.

Edited by Kotaro Anubis
  • Like 2

That's a strange advice... But I guess Kotaro does get easily frightened. Some says that fear dull the senses, but I say it depend on the personality of the one that's scared. For someone like Kotaro, I'm pretty sure it would sharpen them, and he could use that to his adva- His thoughts were cut short by the wind passing through Vatto's hair. Did the wind... changed direction? no. But then, why Vatto is looking up my shoulder? There is someone isn't it?

"So a random arrancar and my two favorites hollows Kotaro and it only makes sense that this is Lurker."

Ugh. Not that boastful guy again. He did saved my life, so I guess he have my respect. Slowly turning around, Lurker welcomed him with a half sarcastic tone "Well well well, if it isn't our dear Draiden." He didn't need to add anything else, as Vatto clearly warned the new arrival.

• Like 2

Draidens eyes would close as he let out a sigh "lurker as the most well known expert of sarcasm around id say you need work" , taking his left hand running it through his neon green locks. Draiden didnt know this arrancar but from the way he spoke he was no numeros nor had he know this being to be a privaron that only left one reasonable option to his mind. So Absolon had put a new arrancar in the ranks of espada. An emotion swept over the arrancar one he hadnt felt in many , many , many years this feeling was not simple anger but unbridled rage ; but those before him may or no be able to sense it depending on how well their natural instincts where honed. Draidens eyes would open once more his posture now straightened though his hands still hanging to his sides and his eyes seemingly blazing with a slight rage.

His now bhlank face though devoid of emotion seemed to hold the very essence of rage , "I really couldn't care less , but if you want to try it greenhorn i'd be happy to show you the true pecking order here another day but i need to have words with the man who recruited you" he would say making a waving motion with his hand as if saying the arrancar wasnt worth his time let alone a confrontation ,  las Noches wad just rebuilt and he'd be damned if he destroyed it with his newly developed techniques against this random "but if you must fight me you can wait till i rip the hiero from Absolons body once more" he would say now his eyes locked on vatto and solely him then the giant doors behind him then back at vatto and the other two hollows. 

"And im guessing your going to look for him instead of simply calling him , the man is paranoid about this place being destroyed yet again all that needs to happen is for him to feel a spiritual energy spike" he would say giveing an almost hinting look , all traces of rage gone now that he thought he could get his hands on Absolon once more and show the results of his training.

Edited by Merlin
  • Like 3

“Hahaha, your nothing like he described. I imagined something different the way he spoke of the fight you guys had. If I recall correctly he used the words fierce and invigorating. I even know for a fact he held you in high regards,” Vatto said stepping forward until he was in front of those he guided.

He was reminded of day Absolon came to him. It was the day his small world was crushed and his eyes truly opened. “Like Draiden, the Cero’s power truly overwhelmed me. I pressed him with all my might yet I could not fathom the depths of his power,” he thinks to himself while glancing at those behind him. “Yea they will be ok.” For a moment he had second thoughts but they were as ready as they would ever be, more time would only be a waste. 

Vatto once again faced Draiden as he continued to throw insults at both him and Absolon. “Enlighten me Draiden. Was it your lazy ways or that crude tongue of yours that lost you the title of Segundo?” Vatto asks rhetorically. He wouldn’t allow him to get under his skin any further as he had more important things to do. “This Arrancar’s name is Vatto Forsyth. And it bodes well to remember it. Unlike you I did not relinquish my title but instead seized it for myself.”

Although the Privaron didn’t answer his question, it was a peeve of Forsyth’s to answer a question with a question, so he did Draiden the courtesy of answering. “Yes, but I would not do something so barbaric. We are going to see Absolon as guests. But what you suggest is what an enemy would do.” Vatto then steps aside and advices the Lurker and Kota to do the same. “But since you’re here have at it. I cannot lie that your way is far quicker.” 

sorry for spelling your name wrong
  • Like 3

Kotaro watched the verbal stabs and listened to their ideas on how to proceed. The idea of threatening the strongest espada was not on the top of his list and he shivered at Draiden's description. His eyes switching from Arrancar to Arrancar in nervous curiosity as to how this situation would change. It could get dangerous, and fast. Yeah, we're guests. ........What? Vatto just gave Draiden permission to.....Ooh, okay then...

Kotaro was at a loss on what to do. The hollow shifted on his feet slowly as time went on. He stopped a few seconds later. Then, Kota looked at Lurker with interest to hear what he thought of all of this craziness.

• Like 2

Ignoring Draiden's remark at his direction, Lurker observed the back and forth quietly and assimilated every useful pieces of information out of this. People says a lot of things they shouldn't when they let their emotions do the talking. 

1. Draiden is the elder between him and Vatto

2. From Draiden "pecking" comment, I could assume he have a bird hollow form, or he came from one

3. Draiden once "ripped the hierro" of Absolon

4. Absolon respect Draiden in some way or another

5. Draiden lost his rank as the segundo espada because of his lazy attitude

6. Vatto seized his title himself, maybe he is only self-proclaimed? Anyway the law of the strong govern Hueco Mundo, so it doesn't really matter

7. Draiden is an idiot

8. Vatto is not much better

But now, this was enough. He had much more stuff to do than to listen to two buttercups arguing about who has the bigger sword and his patience ran out. The spiritual pressure he could produce wasn't impressive to the two arrancars, but he was hoping this would be enough to make them listen to him. Using the first step of his Shunkan Sokudo and all of the spiritual energy all of his souls accumulated, Lurker let out an extreme wave of reitsu propulsing his voice in Hueco Mundo "enough." A single, strong word with all the power he could give. It was a firm tone, not angry, but far from pleased. His ability was cranked up to the max, he lost billions of cells but he nearly quadrupled his reitsu for a few seconds.

With his ultimate disabled and a more calm voice he continued "I'm not here to listen to two childrens babbles." he turned his head toward the neon haired arrancar "Draiden, I understand you want to have a word with Absolon. Well I'm sorry but this will have to wait. A couple minutes won't make a difference to you and I'm sure he will give you the fight you await for if you ask." he took half a second to breathe then he twisted his head the other way "Vatto this is inadmissible coming from you. I didn't think you could lose your cold because of a minor hindrance like that. This is not how a Tres Espada should act." The Adjuchas then span around and headed for the gigantic doors behind the group. "I'm going in. If Absolon kills me because he thought I was an intruder then so be it. Those who doesn't care about petty matters should come with me."

Okaaaaay, yeah I lost my cold too I guess, but that was some useless and pathetic arguing. I even lost my usual speech's elegance because of them. Man I hope I don't go in alone.

Ability used: 

Spoiler

Shunkan Sokudo

This ability comes in two steps

First step: 

Millions of tiny bubbles of black slime form all over Lurker body, exploding and taking a cell with each tiny pop they do. An extreme and nearly uncontrollable amount of reitsu is released with every cells dying because of it. He can control the amount of cells dying each seconds, giving him as much power as he needs

Second step:

Lurker start converting the tiny explosions into Kido energy, and make them converge into his core. To boost his speed to an even higher degree he use the propulsion made from the explosions to push his body around, and he accentuate them with Kido. From trained eyes, the Lurker looked like being pushed by flashing white lights that come and go extremely fast.

• Like 1

Draiden would listen to every word spoken to him as he adjusted his stance , it was clear he was still relaxed but at attention as a small smile spread over his face showing just how youthful Lendero truly looked he possed the body of child who was slipping into adulthood. That childish smile that only the espada of old got to see before he willingly left his seat. "im never like anyone expects but thats a given , and allow me to start over Vatto had you not said somthing about ripping out my tounge you would have received the same respect and curtousy i show others"  he would push his hanging hair out of his line of vision as he watched lurker begin his stride to the gates "but in turn the tone i take with others will always come off as rude its just my nature , best i can do i say sorry" he would say his tone still lazy in tone , his eyes where even half lidded still but you could tell their was attentiveness in his voice this time around , even if the sorry sounded all types of half assed.

If his apology was accepted Draiden would then begin walking past the two "I'll answer your questions , but i would like it if we followed him id hate to see him killed by a gate gurdian or Absolon" he would sigh out sounding tired but a friendlier attitude had swept over him that was clear , it was almost commical. If Vatto accepted theyd be on Lurkers heels walking behind him. "Firstly the battle you speek of Absolon had me on the run in the beginning , he pushed my speed to its limits forced me into ressureccion i even tryed nuking the entire battlefield." Draiden had said all this to enlighten him just a little "i got caught in my own blast sadly , and before you give me and grief about being lazy the tecniqe is instantaneous i didnt want him to even attempt running" he would that last part alomost with a shudder at the idea of Absolon escaping from that intracate web of bombs draiden had spun.

"As for my rank your half right my abilities are very destructive even in my unreleased i would cause severe damage to Las Noches i have a rather explosive personality once you get to know me" he would pause to scratch the back of his head "If im honest i didn't care for it at the time it was just a seat and all the meetings cut in on my god damn sleep , besides if i fought someone who could be a good fit in what use to las noches would they be dead" though draiden was lazy and had his unruly moments he did care. Deeply for his home and its many great napping spots

Edited by Merlin
  • Like 3

When Monk and Vatto sparred Absolon and Draiden were their as witness so he wasn’t sure why the Privaron acted like he didn’t know him; perhaps forgetfulness was a side effect of his laziness. Not pressing the matter any further, Vatto moved aside as he half listened to Draiden’s unconvincing apology. It kind of defeats the purpose when you admit your going to continue to do it anyways.

Kota followed suit but Lurker seemed to have had enough. His impatience got the better of him and if this little squabble bothered him so, then the road ahead would be arduous to say the least.

Vatto listened to what he had to say as killing him would be pointless. “Lurker get used to it. This part of the Espada’s aspect and has plague Absolon for years,” he replied to Lurker’s outburst as he was storming off. It was unfortunate even as the apex of their species Espadas were still Hollows. Essentially tormented souls that weren’t guided to the Soul Society in time thus becoming the worse part of their former selves. Bickering and rivalry was something that they would never be able to escape, as if it was part of their unjust punishment for being left by the way side. Just thinking about the Shinigami started to irritate him so he returned his focus to Draiden.

“Perhaps a reset is warranted. But do try and be more upbeat… please,” says Vatto though the sound of 'please' rolling of his lips makes him want to rip his own tongue out.

They had all started to follow Lurker as Draiden suggested but then it happened. The gigantic doors to Las Noches creped open like a haunted house unveiling its main attraction. Whether intentional or not someone made a call and it was only polite to answer. The eternity it felt that it took the doors to open was only a few seconds, revealing the recipient. A lone blue haired Arrancar stood at the gates of the Hollow Night Palace.

The Hollow cupped his forehead and rubbed his temples. “All this racket on my doorstep. I wish they would either come or go,” he thinks to himself not knowing what all the fuse was about. Two of them he knew but the other two are strangers, one of them being the caller.

Taking a step forward, into the moonlight, it was unmistakably Absolon. As he strolls forward the colossal doors behind him closed with a thud. Those who shifted focus, from the Arrancar to the gates, would have lost sight of Absolon until he reappeared in front of Lurker as if emerging out of thin air. "Who dares approaches in such an uncivilized manner?" asks Absolon. "If its a fight you seek I must ask that you go home!!!" He knew there was probably more to this seeing how Driaden and Vatto accompanied them but one could always hope it was that easy. 

Spoiler

bleach_oc___sebastian_santiago_by_tsukiy has dark blue hair 

last sentence
  • Like 2

Kota watched to two continue to go at each other until the growing strength of Lurker's energy caught his attention. Then, came the small reiatsu explosion with his chosen word. The Vasto Lorde lightly braced himself with a foot against the ground, and then the wave hit him. It moved his upper body a tiny bit. Then, Lurker started to move towards the gate, quickly. This made Kotaro look between the two Arrancar and then Lurker. "Eh, Lurker, I don't think that's sma-"

He was cut off by Draiden and Vatto. The hollow listened in awe to Draiden's battle descriptions and added it to the one he gave earlier. Their battle must of been intense, to fight with a broke leg and blocking cero and I assume so much more...wow! The four approached the huge gates and they began opening. And, even without seeing the one standing in the opening, Kotaro could feel the immense power. The base level of power this being gave off was enough to stop the Vasto Lorde in midstep, he instantly found it five times harder to breath. The hollow fought to stay standing, and this guy wasn't even releasing any real reiatsu. He has to....be the Cero Espada...if not.....

Edited by Kotaro Anubis
  • Like 2

Walking always calmed me down, let's just move on.  Of course, Vatto was right. hollows will always argue, but Lurker didn't get pissed because they were arguing. He lost his bearing as a result of them losing time. He was pretty excited to finally see Absolon, probably the top fighter in this world, and they started squabbling for no reason just at the step of the giant fortress. It was pretty frustrating for him.

Then the doors opened. Silence. Everything stopped. Standing in the middle of the entrance, Absolon. Lurker instantaneously identified him. He could remember him from one of his eaten souls. Well then. I suppose the devil is woke and I'm to blame for it.  The doors closed. I hope he is not in a bad moo- wh-what? where is- The arrancar dropped right in front of him. From this close, his reitsu was astounding. In fact, it was so strong that Lurker was practically glowing as his cell absorbed the saturated air around him. Lurker regained his composure then answered him without making that great being wait longer than required. "My name is Lurker, I am an adjuchas-class hollow, even if my appearance could tell otherwise. I did not mean to bother you cero." Turning his head toward the trio behind him he added "I won't talk for the others, but I am not here looking for a fight."  He then stared into Absolon eyes, his body still glowing but with no hint of fear "I am here to take an opportunity, you lack manpower and information. With enough time I can give you both, but right now I seek power. I do not care if you train me personally or if you show me how, your efforts will be worth tenfold in the long run." 

It wasn't easy for him to keep calm, and it took everything just to keep his voice firm, but at last, maybe Lurker will be able to do something useful with his life. Maybe he'll even find the meaning of the life he was given. Or maybe not.

• Like 2

For once draiden had the urge not to engage absolon in any fashion , he would have a raised eyebrow 'huh' look as he turnt his head to face absolons back. Draiden could tell when a man needed a nap or when a nap was interrupted today he was seeing both in absolon. He would give a nod to vatto pointing him in the direction of absolon with the small gesture "that last thing you need is me talking to an obviously tired and irritated Cero espada who im guessing beat us both badly" this would be said with a small smile. Draiden did know for a fact his attitude pluss absolon right now would equal serious issues ; and right now having calmed down and realized the gravity of the situation the hummingbird of Las Noches didn't want those problems again atleast not yet.

Provided realized the seriousness in the situation and walked over he would attempt to pat vatto on the back firmly before sitting himself on a nearby rock laying on his stomach facing everyone as to listen ; and possibly fire off a balla at someones skull if they threw him in the lime light to be shamed. For lack of words he would be eyeing lurker like a bird of prey. While everyone began talking draiden would begin talking and bouncing two pearls from one hand to the other , luckily only absolon knew he was playing with highly destructive bombs despite these two being duds.

If vatto doesnt move he'd walk over and begin "Absolon they where brought here because they hold potential , that vasto lordez could use some trainging , and this one" he would point to lurker with his finger "from what i saw he could be an army all on his own , although i would suggest keeping ALL arrancars away from him his feeding habits may thin the number of numerous we have." He would finish

• Like 3

The Vasto Lorde for a moment tried to speak up but was quickly drowned out by the ongoing events. He seemed able enough but it was obvious that Kota was very soft spoken. Given sometime in the care of the Espada’s, they will be able to remedy that in no time.

Absolon’s was like a water droplet from the sky. Sure it was possible to see it move but you would never be able to keep track of it. He appeared before them and prompted the caller to go home if it was a fight he yearned for. But he would stood corrected. The Hollow introduced himself as Lurker, which surprised Absolon. It wasn’t his name that surprised him but the fact that it was rare to meet a Hollow with manners furthermore just a mere Adjuchas at that. The Cero could easily sense that Lurker was not an Arrancar even though masquerading as one. With that said he undoubtedly knew there was something more to this glowing Hollow but what only time will tell.

Without missing a beat Lurker continues, this time with a proposition. Absolon entertained him, listening to what he had to say; for who was he to stop someone brave enough to lay his life on the line. “You speak plainly and I like that. Furthermore you seek not only to take but to give as well. Are you sure you are a Hollow?” the Cero asks rhetorically. Time and time again, Arrancar after Arrancar, they wanted to take, take, take, but he came off differently.

“My name is Absolon and I once had a dream but that was a long time ago. Now I am merely a humble caretaker of this great marvel behind me.” Absolon says introducing himself to the brave but well-mannered Adjuchas. “This is all very interesting…”

Vatto saw an opportunity to interject into the conversation and took it. “I can elaborate a little Lord Absolon,” Vatto says with a subtle bow. “I found…” Forsyth paused and thought about Draiden. It was frustrating that even now his first move was to lie down but they did just agree on a reset. “WE found these two Hollows that while still fresh around the edges they seem full of surprises and packed with potential. At least enough to get an audience with you.”

Absolon glared at Vatto but then shot that same look to the Privation while stepping around Lurker. “Is that so, Draiden? Care to add to that.” The Cero wasn’t happy with either one of their disappearances but his focus would remain on the newcomers for now. “And who is this?” he says looking at the Vasto Lorde waiting for him to introduce himself. “What is it that you seek or are you just along for the ride?”

• Like 2

To the Cero Espada's, "If its a fight you seek", and, "go home!!!"  Kotaro answered when there was a pause and took a step forward, "we are not looking for a fight, nor are we leaving. Not yet."

Then, within the next couple of minutes while the others spoke, Kotaro gathered his courage to face this legend. The hollow had taken several more steps to reduce the distance. The weight of Absolon's power was still there, but the Vasto Lorde was getting used to it, slowly. Then, it came to his turn to speak. The hollow lowered himself into a submissive position on one knee. Even one knee, Kotaro kept as steady stare into Absolon's eyes, with his own burning with passion, absent of fear. Then, he stood. And with said passion, Kotaro responded, "I'm not sure I can help with information as well as Lurker. But, manpower is a different story entirely. I will offer my strength and potential to you, Los Noches, and Hueco Mundo. All I request is training, and a place to belong. Though, there has been something bothering me for a long time...I don't know what it is. But, I know it has to do with my current level of power..."

Edited by Kotaro Anubis
  • Like 2

That's good. Absolon seems pleased for now, but... I'm I really a hollow? Lurker had this question for a long time now. And that inquiry, asked from someone else, had a profound impact on the Adjuchas. His true form doesn't have a mask, nor does it have a hole. Sure, his genuine reitsu was at the most part hollow, but that could be attributed to his hollow diet. Maybe he'll have answers on his next evolution.

Absolon staring at him and circling him like a shark did not help Lurker to relax, but he managed to listen quietly while Vatto and Kotaro responded. Calming his excited cells, he gradually stopped glowing as he adapted to the reitsu.

• Like 2

Draiden would shrug as he sat up on his rock , what could he truly say to them. "im just going to say the well mannered one has evolved twice in a single day , and that vasto lordez holds enough spirit energy to be on par with me and with training he could even give you trouble" draiden would finish as two of his pearls seemingly where orbiting around his skull after he finished. He was trying his best not to get the guy riled up because draiden wouldnt be the to be put down if he was cranky over guests.

"and it would be nice if youd stop giving me the death glare considering how deathly understaffed we are and well you know me and jacob are fired till further notice and all privaron business ya know" he say that last part expressing an underlying sadness in his tone ,draiden would hop off the rock and head twoard the gates hands in his pockets it was obvious he was moving slow on purpose. "Be grateful we're doing somthing good for Las Noches" these words weren't said with malice but they where said with a seriousness Draiden never carried showing how he felt here , draiden was no espada his dutys where no longer bound  by the rules of Las Noches ; But Absolon was he was meant to be a leader there at all times at the fore front to lead his troops. Things like this did not apply to non-espada meaning all responsibility and duty's his and his alone to bear for now. Neither he or vatto needed to scout much needed tallent.

Draiden would rest his back against the wall of Las Noches looking up at the night sky , memories of the old espada came into play as looked up it brought him comfort to imagine that they had all become stars in death. "out of the 10 of us who thought me and the holier art thou brat jacob would live , i miss you guys"  he would say as he slouched against las noches sitting in the sand. He truly hoped one day the espada could be brought back he still hoped but he missed the days of when things where simpler. He could be sleeping and the quarto espada would find him and splash him with ice water and they'd laugh about it. "its all war now...." He would trail off watching the others from a distance.

Edited by Merlin
  • Like 1

Kota grew bold stating that they weren’t leaving. He continued by expressing his feelings and why he was there. Absolon shifted his gaze to Lurker as he was praised once again. “A Hollow that can collect viable intelligence would prove to be more than useful,” he thinks as he returns his focus to Anubis. Every Hollow wants greater power; it was even true for the Cero Espada, but Kota’s next statement resonated with Absolon. A place to belong was very important but not to all. You either felt the urge, the call to be apart of something or not. It was plain and simple; it was a hit or miss type thing with very little grey area.

Absolon extended his right hand to the kneeling Vasto Lorde. “Arise,” he said offering a helping hand. He could understand why Vatto and Draiden brought these two to him, as they possessed some qualities that the others lacked. “So do you have a name?” It seems that all the excitement caused him to skip right over it.

After helping Kota to his feet, and hearing him out, Absolon looked to Draiden. He had intended to respond to his comments but he had already walked off. As for them being fired it was the first he’s heard of it, as the order didn’t come from him. Though knowing Draiden he was most likely covering for his lazy tendencies. But Absolon has known the Privaron for a long time now and he has come to accept his lethargic ways and it rarely bothered him anymore. What he wouldn’t accept was his absents during the Quincy Invasion without an explanation. He knew he was there prior to its start and is here now so that was more than suspicious. His high and might attitude was ill placed and unwarranted under such actions. Was he a conspirator? Most likely not and there was an alternate reason. 

“Vatto I will address you and Draiden later,” says Absolon. He was a little disappointed in them but he could never stay mad at his brethren for long. The depths of his forgiveness ran deep as it was in Absolon’s nature to care for all Hollows, more so than others did. It was the Espada’s duty to protect their kind though it was often overshadowed by personal goals. With power comes ego. With ego comes an agenda; a primordial and irrefutable fact.

Assuming the Vasto Lorde told him is name the Cero would address both of them. “Lurker, Kotaro Anubis, be proud. For on this grand night you may accompany us into Las Noches."  Absolon would take the led while Vatto would bring up the rear. They set forth to the gates where Draiden was. “Come join us. Let’s not let any transgressions ruin the newcomers day,” he said to the Privaron as he passed him. He hoped Draiden would join as things would certainly become more lively now. 

• Like 2