Kasumi Kudo

Captain's Office

*Sofi wanders into her office to be greeted with endless stacks of paperwork, countless resignation and joining forms and an unfriendly note left by the previous VC*

Well shit, I guess I have a lot of work to do before anything can happen..... now, who wants to be the new VC

*She ponders over the very scarce list to decide who should take the role*

Shiro ShihÅin is the newly assigned Captain of this Division Eight after word of the streets was that the Gotei lacked a proper and well-suited amount of Captains to lead their squads and maintain order. He was shortly nominated as a capable candidate to fill this role as it was made known of his skills with his ZanpakutÅ after protecting a village from an incoming bandit attack solely by himself. He was widely recognized for his accomplishment, but disregarded it as being anything of great importance as he found it was necessary. He never wished to be viewed as a hero, as such a position felt like a duty he should be one to bear but not idolized for, to lead others and to eliminate the perils that exist in the world. Shiro's virtues were just, as he believed in the path of peace and equality as taught by his family. He believed in moral values that would bring good to the world, even if it meant the sacrifice of his own qualities.

He began to open the locked door to the Captains Office of Squad 8 with a key he had received, before stepping inside to view its interior. It was incredibly dim in the room, being unable to see most of the inside, but a window allowed light to illuminate the center of the room. The sight was utterly unsatisfactory and horrifying as it appeared abandoned and especially unattended by its previous owner. Furniture and bookshelves were toppled over on their sides and utensils scattered all across, as if it was rummaged by thieves and forgotten. Spiderwebs and dust lurked on nearly every object in the room, making him take a step outside out of confusion. It was almost as if a ghost had committed these heinous acts. "You have to be shitting me... Is this a haunted house? I have never seen such an disorderly scene before in my life." Taking a deep sigh, he walks back in and approaches the desk in the center of the room. On the top of its wooden surface resided a large stack of paperwork that was left unfilled. "Someone needs to get their priorities straight. This place is a complete mess." Deep down he knew he would be forced to clean the room himself, and gritted his teeth before slightly scratching his head pondering. "... Why is it always me?" He grunted and thought halfheartedly, "Guess it can't hurt to get ones hands dirty once in a while."

With some free time on his hands, he would take the time to tidy up the place he would be spending a majority of his time in. The thought of such depressed him immensely, that he would be enclosed between four walls, but nonetheless he paved on. He was someone who preferred a spot clean environment, as it allowed him to see the place as somewhere he found was inviting and rather tranquil, unlike its current state, which was gloomy and expressed a sense of loneliness. Moving furniture around, straightening the shelves, and placing books that had fallen consumed much of his time while also taking the time to clean the dust-infested environment. As time passed, the room would begin to take on a form that he found appealing to his tastes and could find himself enjoying the solitude it may provide for him in the future. The once unappealing room was beginning to take shape into something he could stand being enclosed inside for hours on end. As the room was finally cleaned to his own specifications, he went over to his desk and sat down in his chair, sighing heavily before reclining back, "Finally that is now over with. Time to call it a day and relax."

• Like 3

"You are hereby ordered to join Squad 8 and become the Vice Captain to Shiro Shihoin! You will observe him and report on his actions. Is this understood?" said Central member 17 of the 46 Sages to one lone Kido Corps member.

"Clear as day" replied the masked figure.

He was covered head to toe in tattered black robes. A sign of use and wear, but he stood with an aura of a commanding nature about him. This was the witch of Hueco Mundo who wandered the dunes of the desert. It was not a well known title, and the Witch's actions were classified to nearly all save for the leaders of the Kido Corps and their masters the Central 46. The Witch was responsible for the Soul Society's growing foothold in Hueco Mundo and the monitoring of Hollow activity. The Witch monitored but never interfered with the Espada. Such an action would not only lead to the consequence of the Witch's death, but that of inciting more anger towards the soul society in the minds of the arrancar. However he was recalled back to the Soul Society, no longer was it the Witch's mission to stay in Hueco Mundo.

When he was done in the Central 46 chamber The Kido Corps member stared out into the horizon block partially by the buildings of the Seireitei. He was to be in Squad 8, filled with lazy drunkards or so the theme of the squad goes. It was a stark contrast to his life of solitude and constant struggles.

Entering the barracks the tall figure fully wrapped in black moved past the shinigami softly. He was certainly an odd sight to most of them as no part of his skin was shown. His zanpakuto was hidden from sight covered in layers and layers of black robes. He wore steel gauntlets and greaves on both his legs. The greaves couldn't been seen clearly as they too were hidden by the Witch's robes. Instead of sandals the Witch wore boots and on them sabatons to protect himself.

Pushing the door to the Captain's office with his index finger the figure crept in silently. Stepping towards the Captain relaxing behind his desk the figure knelt before him.

"I am your Vice Captain Shiro Shihoin Captain of Squad 8. You may call me Ha. Order me however you see fit" the Witch said to his new leader. No longer was he affiliated with the Kido Corps. He was to be the right hand of Squad 8 into an uncertain future.

• Like 2

A figure entered the domains of the office while he rested behind his desk with his feet propped on its surface with the chair reclined back and his arms placed behind his head. The mysterious figure wore what appeared to be an outfit that would mask its users identity and closed the distance between him and the door. "Who might this figure be? Never seen any outfit like that for a Shinigami before," he thought to himself shortly before preparing to greet them. The figure claimed to be his Vice Captain, which seemed fitting as he now had a pawn to help assist him in his work. With more hands around the Division, he could finally make progress and now get some work done around here and experience the life of a true Soul Reaper for once. "I see you have been assigned to my Division. Guess they needed to fill the ranks. Times must be tough." He shrugged before taking a slight pause and removing his feet from the top of his desk, and no longer reclining his chair. He sat straight and curiously glared at the man before him with his arms folded.

"As you already appear to be aware... My name is Shiro ShihÅin. You will be assisting me in my daily duties as Vice Captain. Nobody can do this work alone." This man was already being incredibly loyal to him from the instant he introduced himself by kneeling in front of his desk with honor, as if Shiro was of noble descent and must be met with the respect and duty. Shiro preferred that everyone should be on equal levels when it came to formalities and expressing themselves, as everyone should have a voice and opinion, no matter their social status. He stood up out of his chair and walked around his desk to where Ha would be kneeling on the ground and stood next to him. Looking at him with sincerity, he spoke with honesty. "No need to be formal with me. Rise, and tell me about yourself." Shiro figured now would be a good time to hear a story from his first member, that would be taking the position directly below him for the Squad. Feeling it would be beneficial to build relationships between his new members to create a sense of belonging in his Division, Shiro decided he would start with him. Nobody would need to feel left out, and it would result in a lively work environment as a result. "Since I would like to take some time to relax, I suppose this would be a fine time to speak formalities and get to know my new squad member. You pique my interest with that outfit of yours."

• Like 1

Ha stood silent after his introduction before the captain spoke. He said it was surprising that Ha knew his name and pointless drivel. Ha motioned his hands together as in prayer and bowed to the Captain once again. "The powers that be appear less than what is seen and know more than you know. The Kido Corp make a habit to maintain that secrecy." Ha stated plainly.

Where the Captain spoke of equality reality was different. The natural world was not so fair and forgiving. Someone were born with privilege, others with weak bodies, many without power. What government brought was equality under the law, the only equality needed.

Has was ordered to rise by his benevolent superior. Then he was ordered to speak about himself. A curious question. "My name is Ha" is all he said. That was pretty much all he had to speak about. He wasn't quite gay to form intimate relationships with people. To concern yourself with feelings when reality says otherwise was insane, stupid, or a combination of both. Your feelings could fool you into getting killed.

Shiro continued on saying he'd like to relax and get to know his people. Wonderful. We could totally spend days and days doing that and it would be entertaining the whole way through. Then we can sit around bonfires chanting Allah be praised.

"Sir I received orders by the Central 46 to apprehend or execute the captain of Squad 7" Ha spoke plainly. An eruption of spiritual pressure echoed through the barracks. It was that of the Squad 7 Captain's pressure.

"Oh no sir. The source of this disturbance comes from Squad 7. We have to investigate by the law of the Soul Society" Ha spoke plainly.

• Like 1

"I see... Classified information. I would suppose that makes sense for someone of your mysterious stature and personality." The Kido Corps was indeed a group of beings that he rarely heard mentioned around the grounds of the Seireitei. Their existence reminded him of myths, as they were rare in number. Their purpose was often completely mysterious and anonymous in nature, and not many were aware they even existed, other than to create gateways to the World of the Living that Shinigami would pass through on their missions. "It appears to be that they have an influence in the Divisions after all," Shiro pondered, with one standing right before him. Ha was rather quite in nature, and didn't speak on accord of himself very often, especially when came to his past. He seemed to be the distant and mysterious figure he led on to be originally, but Shiro would pay it no mind. He would then take a slight pause before looking down at the floor momentarily, "Do not worry Lieutenant, for you will be working under my command for quite some time. As your Captain, it is my duty to see to your safety. Do not be afraid to tell me of anything you feel the need to express." Shiro would go on to say to Ha before turning his head in another direction as he would speak. Ha's mysteriousness would only grow more obvious as he spoke on his mission at hand. Him being assigned to Shiro's squad by Central 46 was strange, but he was unable to to question the actions of the higher ups, but he felt being assigned under Squad 7 would be a true sting operation in which he could catch the Captain in the act of committing crime. A traitor within the ranks did not surprise Shiro, as he originally would assume that the Shinigami was only composed of good willed beings, but no organization would only shine one color, but the various shades of black and white. This struct him deep as one would throw away their status to protect others to commit harm or treachery. A surge of Reiatsu would then go on to flare, catching him off guard, sensing its presence nearby. "It appears he was right after all," Shiro thought to himself as he would walk over to the door of his office before looking back to his newly acquired Vice Captain. "We must investigate this situation immediately. As you have spoken of, there is something that is not right about this. It is far too sudden to not be a coincidence, as there was no warning of any attacks." Shiro would begin walking out the door of his office heading towards the location of the undergoing event while signalling for his Vice Captain to follow his lead. "Stick close and keep an eye out. We do not know what is going on out there."

OOC | Leaving thread

• Like 1

He poured himself a glass of tea while the Captain talked. The captain was going to obey the orders the Central 46 mysteriously had on the Squad 7 Captain, plus the giant flames and stuff going on squad 7 was hard to ignore.

"We must investigate this situation immediately. As you have spoken of, there is something that is not right about this. It is far too sudden to not be a coincidence, as there was no warning of any attacks." Shiro would begin walking out the door of his office heading towards the location of the undergoing event while signalling for his Vice Captain to follow his lead. "Stick close and keep an eye out. We do not know what is going on out there."

Taking a sip of his tea Ha quietly gulped it down his throat and placed it back on his tiny plate.

"I'm loyal and all, but a vice captain fighting against a captain sounds like a bad idea. Plus the squad 7 captain sounds insane. Like boy who's a killing psycho insane. I'm staying here and sending a message out to other captains. Dealing with crazy people requires more than just one set of shinigami." Ha said plainly.

Usually Ha had a habit of attracting unwanted attention in the worst ways anyways. Like crazy hot guys wanting to kill him and stuff like that. Ha wasn't very good with his people skills. Something he needed to work on.

"I'll be rooting for you Captain the whole way through. From here" Ha said plainly as he began placing a barrier around the area cause shit be getting crazy.

Staying In Thread (cause i aint poking the tiger)

• Like 1

It felt like the Captain had been gone forever when it was only a few minutes. Ha was becoming anxious (who wouldnt after no posts for several weeks) and so he put down his tea, made sure his robes covered his body and left the office to join his Captain on the battlefield to not die alone at the hands of an unclean crazy possibly homosexual with pent up aggression Captain of Squad 7.

"You need to release that pent up stuff. I mean that's all there is to it. You don't need a relationship in the meantime, you just need to use your hand while you're waiting for the right person. That's really all this guy needed to do. Just jerk it, not be a jerk"

"Also I hope he killed my captain by the time I get there. If that's the case he'd either be gone or in no mood to continue the fight" Ha said stating his opinion on how kind his captain is in willingly giving up his own life to protect his subordinates' lives. Even though Ha didn't seem to be making that case, but he just really didn't want to face up against a captain class fighter with nothing but Kido.

Left Thread

• Like 1

Lyra Kuchiki walked up to the divisions captains office slowly as she got up the courage to knock on the door. She had been recently looking for a squad to join after graduating from the academy and finishing her training at her family grounds. So far she had yet to find any squad that drew her attention enough for her to join and this one was just the next on her list.

"This one probably won't be much better.." She spoke to herself in a more pessimistic view but decided it was at least worth trying and she slowly knocked loudly on the door hoping to get the attention from anyone in the room and as she waited she stepped back and kept her hands held down at her side trying to look as professional as possible to make a good impression.

• Like 1

Shiro was resting at the desk while drinking some coffee (who cares what kind, he stole the blend from them filthy humans in World of the Living) and completing some paperwork assigned to him. He appeared slightly fatigued due to this, but he would not let it get the better of him. Along with the sound of his pen making contact with paper, another sound would resonate through his office. A knock could be heard from the other side of his office door, which would signify there was a visitor. "Might we have another recruit," he questioned himself. Division Eight was very unlikely to have visitors, as it was being rebuilt from the ground up. He was still actively seeking new recruits to train and command, but the roster of his division only consisted of himself and his untrustworthy Lieutenant, Ha, who made things far more complicated than they needed to be, especially when it came to training. Simply put, he was a plague to Shiro's patience, but he was a loyal follower and Shiro would not forget that.

"One second," he would utter loud enough for his vocals to pierce the walls to reach the person on the other side. As he stood up from his seat, setting his coffee on his desk, and approaching the door, he would open it slowly so he could view who was on the other side. A young female would reside on the other side of this door, which was not of his expectations, but nonetheless, they were a visitor and he would accommodate them as necessary. "Please come in and take a seat," he would state formally with an outstretched arm, welcoming them into his office. There would be a chair in front of his desk where this visitor could sit. He would approach his desk once more before sitting down and waiting for them to enter and take a seat before speaking. "Is there something I can do for you today?"